Monday, February 12, 2007

Blue Suede Shoes

I had a good laugh when I was taking a picture of these shoes. They are going to an exhibit, but the Felting Forum's monthly Challenge is Felt Us a Tune! At first I was thinking "Blue Suede Shoes", but then the back side said, "Wooly, Wooly".

The Exhibit is "All (W)rapped Up" at Gallery 107, Tri County Arts Council, Cobleskill, NY from March 2nd-March 31st 2007 All the exhibitors are from the
The Northeast Feltmakers Guild, with whom I got my start.

The shoes are indigo dyed Merino and Tencel, lasted over leather with leather soles. They have a decorative button and close with Velcro.

2 comments:

Fall Cruise to Alaska said...

Oh Una! They're beautiful! Brava lady! When are you going to teach felt shoemaking?

Sheila E said...

Hi Una!! How great to find your blog on Janel's!! Now I will have you on mine....as soon as I have time to put you up there!!
I love your new "blue suede shoes" you are so creative and talented!!
I just loved meeting you at Madrona. Another kindred spirit!!